4.13: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Requirement
Certification in ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) is a requirement for graduation. Students may register for ACLS in the first or second clinical year. ACLS training courses are offered through Stanford Health Care Center for Education & Professional Development (CEPD). When the training is completed, students receive a certification card valid for two years. Please note that students must have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification card in order to enroll and participate in ACLS.
Students must register for an ACLS training course both through Stanford Health Care CEPD and through Axess (MED 295).
The 2022-23 dates are:
- November 4, 2022 (Fri) - Autumn Quarter
- February 15, 2023 (Wed) - Winter Quarter
- March 16, 2023 (Thurs) - Winter Quarter
- March 29, 2023 (Wed) - Spring Quarter
- April 11, 2023 (Tues) - Spring Quarter
Please note this year ACLS will be offered online. You will sign up for a specific time and the course link will be sent to you. An in-person skills session will be required. The online course must be completed and the completion certificate printed and brought to the skills session.
It is recommended that you schedule ACLS so that if possible, you do not miss a required clerkship day. If you will be enrolled in a clerkship during the time of your assigned ACLS date, please notify your clerkship directors in advance of your scheduled date.
Registration is a 2 part process:
- Stanford CEPD: Registration through Stanford CEPD will be available at a later date. Instructions for registration will be added as soon as they are available.
- Axess: Enroll through Axess for MED295 for the quarter that corresponds with the session (once enrollment opens for that quarter). If you will be on a Leave of Absence or Graduation Quarter status during your ACLS class, enroll in Axess in your last quarter of course/clerkship enrollment (and a grade will be entered upon completion of ACLS).
updated August 2022