Autism and Developmental Disorders Research Program
Welcome to the website of the Autism and Developmental Disorders Research Program (ADDRP), Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford University. This Stanford autism research program is based in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
ADDRP focuses on improving the quality of life of individuals with autism spectrum disorder and/or intellectual disabilities. Through research methods that range from clinical trials, neuroimaging investigations, behavioral analysis to basic science methods, the researchers at ADDRP are committed to developing effective treatment strategies and identifying the causes of these conditions.
Our main research aim is to better understand the basic neurobiology of autism and other developmental disorders while furthering our understanding of how genetic and environmental factors may contribute to the onset and progression of these disorders. With this aim in mind, we conduct a variety of research studies and clinical trials of novel behavioral and biological therapies in hopes of developing effective interventions for the treatment of core features of these disorders.
The Stanford Autism and Developmental Disorders Research Program would like to thank the children, as well as their parents and families, for contributing to research. The joint effort to better understand and provide therapies for developmental disorders is not possible without their past and continued involvement.
Stanford ADDRP would also like to ackowledge financial support from the following organizations:
- National Institutes of Health
- Autism Speaks
- Simons Foundation
- John and Marcia Goldman Foundation
- Stanford Bio-X
- Child Health Research Institute
- Slice Inc.
- The Teresa and Charles Michael Endowed Fund for Autism Research and Education
- The Mosbacher Family Fund for Autism Research
- PTEN Research Foundation
- The Bernard/Fung Family Fund for Autism Research at Stanford
In the News
Related Pages & Events
- Stanford Autism Center
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford
- Early Support Program for Autism
- Child Psychiatry
- Stanford Clinical Trials Directory
- Center for Interdisciplinary Brain Sciences Research
- Stanford Brain Development Project