Publish select data directly into AEM pages
The Google Sheet component translates your data onto your pages in an accessible display and allows you to cherry-pick specific columns to show.
- Automatic updates - changes reflected instantly
- Select columns to appear - automatically sortable
- Embedded sheet search
- Full Screen mode for easier viewing
- Save sheet or search results in excel or PDF
- Non-AEM users may edit content via Google Sheets
|First Name||Last Name||State||Time|
- Remember to publish - sheets must be public
- The file, sheet and column(s) must be defined
- The "Table Header" field is the column title - they can be reordered as desired
- Hyperlinks do not show by default - use this template if hyperlinks are needed
- Alternatively, use the External component for a direct embed- useful for hyperlinks, charts and other visuals
- Setup can be slightly challenging to setup. If you need help, please submit a help ticket.
Setup a Google Sheet to talk with AEM
The Google Sheets component must be configured carefully. General process is as below with more details to follow.
Note: Google updates their interface occasionally so steps may not always be accurate.
- Configure the AEM component using information found on your Google Sheets.
- Publish your Google Sheet to the web.
- Set Google Sheet sharing to 'Anyone with the link can view' .
A. Key of the Google Spreadsheet
You will find the key in the Google Sheet's URL. The key is the combination of numbers and letters found between the 'd' and 'edit' in the URL. You will find the URL in your browser bar. In the example below the key is highlighted in bold text.
B. Sheet Name
Enter the name of the sheet you are displaying. The sheet name is in the tab at the bottom of your Google Sheet.
C. Table Header
Enter the exact text contained in the header of each column you want to publish. Separate column header names with a semicolon in the order you want them displayed. Do not use any spaces.
D. Additional Options
If you would like site visitors to have the option to print or download the sheet / search results from the sheet, check these options here.
Google Sheet Setup