Welcome to the new AEM user interface (UI) known as Touch — a major update that modernizes and simplifies the web-building experience. Use this page as a launchpad to answer common questions, resolve known issues, and to reach additional training and support.
Known Issues & Fixes
The following issues have been identified and resolutions are underway. Where noted, you may temporarily switch back to Classic UI to address the issues. See this page (step 4) for how to perform a temporary UI switch.
Live URL displays /content/sm/NAME.html.html
- A few pages have been reported live URL's as displaying with additional items in them. The page still works but the URL will looks like the below where NAME is the name of the page - https://med.stanford.edu/content/sm/YOURSITE/NAME.html.html
- This is caused by creating an absolute URL link in your page to another AEM page, instead of using a relative URL link.
Masthead Social Media Links
- Setting the social media links in the header masthead transforms the URL into an invalid address.
- Workaround: Switch to classic UI to make the change(s) and publish.
Past versions (pre 2/8/23) and timeline audits do not show
- Using the Timeline mode in Site Admin shows no previous versions. Making it not possible to restore earlier versions.
- Workaround: Switch to classic UI to make the change
- Media Gallery component has been deprecated and does not function in Touch UI.
- Workaround: As an alternate we recommend using a Carousel, adding Images within each slide. Only one Carousel per page.
- Estimated Resolution: TBD. For existing Media Galleries you may edit by switching to Classic UI.
- Pages that have been locked in Classic cannot be unlocked using Touch.
- Estimated Resolution: TBD
- The timewarp mode while page editing causes errors. This did not work in Classic UI either.
- Estimated Resolution: To be deprecated. Use version contol instead
Existing authors should start with the Transition Site, and use the Pocket Reference and Component Encyclopedia for more specifics. New authors start with the Full Course.