Vaping Prevention Online Course
A free course for teaching students remotely about the harms of vaping
Educators should download the Course Navigation Guide for Educators, Lesson Plan, and Review & Reflect Discussion Guide.
Provide students with an opportunity to learn about the following in a remote-learning environment:
1. the health risks of using e-cigarettes/vapes, including Juul and Puff Bar
2. the increased risk of severe COVID-19 infection for those using e-cigarettes/vapes
3. the marketing tactics used by nicotine companies to target young people, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic
Downloads and Links
Daily Lesson Plan
Here is the teaching schedule we recommend for those spending multiple class sessions on vaping prevention. Click on the arrows below to see steps for teaching 50 minutes on 1 learning module from this course. Hyperlinks to the course are included.
For those who want to include a session on cannabis prevention and awareness, please check out the alternative session which provides an oppotunity to integrate parts of our Cannabis Awareness & Prevention Remote-Learning Curriculum. There is a daily lesson plan for this curriculum as well, which will help you select the topics that will be of most interest to your students.
Alternative Session: Cannabis Curriculum
1. (5 min) Check-Ins
2. (15 min) Present on Slides from Cannabis RLC
3. (10 min) Breakout Rooms for Students to Discuss/Work on Worksheet
4. (10 min) Small Groups Report Out to Class
5. (10 min) Present More Slides or Answer Student Questions
More on the Course
Here are some resources to assist you as you empower young people to go or stay vape-free and smoke-free.