Unit 6 - Why Should I Be Worried About JUULs?
We have been informed that some companies that are in the business of selling products that contain tobacco and/or nicotine had either included links to our Toolkit in their marketing materials, or implied that The Stanford Tobacco Prevention Toolkit or the faculty and staff involved in creating it have some affiliation with them. This is simply not true. We are committed to preventing use of tobacco products, e-cigarettes, and any other tobacco- and nicotine-related product and we do not receive any funding from them or otherwise collaborate with them.
- Obtain accurate knowledge about the JUUL and how it is made to work like a cigarette
- Identify predatory marketing strategies employed by PAX Labs (the creator of the JUUL)
- Learn about the effects that nicotine in the JUUL has on the adolescent body and brain
- Identify specific marketing strategies that the JUUL manufacturer (PAX Labs) uses to increase use among adolescents
- Understand the appeal of JUULs among adolescents in order to counter the appeal
Nicotine in JUUL = Total Nicotine in a Pack of Cigarettes (20 Cigarettes)!
Teachers should go through each unit and download the PowerPoint for class presentation. Teachers should also download the accompanying activities for in-class activities. Speakers' notes are embedded in the PowerPoint. Activities are meant to be printed for students before class begins. Each Unit has a Kahoot! Quiz linked below and can be used as a pre and post quiz to see how much students know before and after instruction. Discussion Guides found below can be assigned as take-home assignments.
Lesson 6.1: JUUL 101
Last Updated April 6, 2018 at 2:15pm PST.
JUUL Crash Course - COMING SOON!
A Quick Guide