DEI Mission Statement
The mission of the Structural Biology DEI committee is to cultivate an environment of inclusion by identifying the barriers made by inequities and injustices so that we can instantiate meaningful change within our scientific community, Stanford University, and beyond.
Our vision is to create a department where…
- Individuals are recognized, respected, and celebrated for who they are, what they do, and who they want to be.
- People understand departmental policies and decisions, and there is space for feedback and critique.
- Everyone can integrate professionally, socially, and intellectually into a welcoming community.
- We have a culture of support and community where guidance and help are available without fear of judgment and where all members are treated fairly.
- We have a culture of service where people are engaging regularly with communities within and outside of the university through outreach and mentorship.