Steinberg Lab Open Positions
We encourage medical and undergraduate students, prospective postdoctoral scholars, and fellows who are interested in joining our lab to contact us.
Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Neuroscience
The laboratory of Dr Gary Steinberg (Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford) is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to understand and enhance the mechanisms of brain repair in rodent models of stroke using optogenetic stimulation. We are looking for an applicant interested in post-stroke neural circuit stimulation using optogenetics, and to use high throughput sequencing (e.g. RNA sequencing) to understand key molecules involved in post-stroke recovery.
- Must have a PhD or MD/PhD in relevant neuroscience-related areas.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with a team.
- Expertise with optogenetics technique or brain stimulations, and RNAseq analysis is highly desirable.
- Experience with animal surgery, gene manipulation (e.g. CRISPR), immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy would be an asset.
Interested applicants should send a brief description of research interests, technical skill set, and curriculum vitae, including contact information for three references, to Dr. Michelle Cheng (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Tonya Bliss (email@example.com).