Spectrum offers several funding mechanisms for researchers interested in developing solutions that improve health.
- Pilot grants fund individual or team projects up to $50,000 per year. They are awarded through faculty committees within specialty areas, and must be used within a year.
- Research Training Programs: KL2 and TL1 NIH-funded career development awards fund mentored research projects.
- Child Health provides funding for maternal and child health focused research.
Innovation Accelerator Pilot Program
Open to Stanford faculty with PI eligibility (with UTL, MCL, NTLR faculty appointments). Clinical Educators (CE) Faculty, Clinical Instructors, Instructors, Graduate students and postdoctoral scholars (clinical and non-clinical) are required to include a PI-eligible faculty member as a co-PI on the grant application.
- SPARK – Therapeutics
- Biodesign – Medtech
- SPADA – Predictives and Diagnostics
- Population Health Sciences (including Community Engagement and Learning Healthcare Innovation)
Research Training Programs
Junior Faculty, senior fellows, predoctoral & postdoctoral trainees with a focus on clinical and translational science are encouraged to apply for either a KL2 or TL1 award to fund their education and training in clinical and translational research. Awards include salary or stipend funding, as well as full or partial tuition support and funds for travel.
Cite The Grant - NIH Required Language
Projects that are funded by or utilize Spectrum/CTSA resources or services are required to cite the grant in publications and grant applications. This includes use of the CTRU, funding for pilot projects, biostatisticians, informatics, and other consultation services, and research training such as the KL2 and TL1 training programs.
NIH-NCATS Human Subject Approval
All projects funded through Spectrum that involve human subjects are required to secure prior approval from NCATS before funds can be released and work on the project can begin.
- Spectrum Home Page
- Cite the Grant – NIH Required Language
- Application Requirements and Awardee Policies
- Child Health Funding Opportunities
- Other Funding Opportunities
- Pivot (Searchable Funding Database)
- Beckman Center Technology Innovation Mini-Grants
- Subscribe to the Stanford funding opportunity news bulletin