Education & Training
On This Page
Clinical Research Operations Program
The Clinical Research Operations Program offers classes specific to clinical research involving human subjects. The goal of the program is to raise the quality of clinical research across Stanford and to enhance the career growth of our clinical research personnel. Class instructors include faculty and staff with clinical research expertise from across Stanford University.
Benefits of Participation
- Gain knowledge related to conducting clinical research in compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Prepare for Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) and Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) certifications
- Enhance career growth and advancement
Register for Class
Stanford Clinical Research Operations Certification
To receive a Stanford Clinical Research Operations Certification:
- Record your training on the Clinical Research Operations Certification Dashboard
- Complete core classes. To receive credit for core classes you must:
1. Attend in person if classroom option is offered
2. Complete the associated quiz within 30 days of participating in the class.
3. Complete the associated evaluation within 30 days of participating in the class
- Complete 4 elective classes (classes offered by SCCR - Stanford Center for Clinical Research, Lane Library, CCTO , or other Stanford CTSA classes, qualify as electives)
- Complete all core and elective classes and register for the exam within a 24-month period
- Earn a passing score on the certification exam
The next exam will be held on Mar. 30 and Apr. 1, 2021 at 9:00am. Please indicate your date preference when you register. There is a maximum number of seats for each date. We will do our best to accommodate your first choice. To register for the exam, start your application in the Clinical Research Operations Certification Dashboard, add the date of each class and course certificate.
- Complete the Certification Dashboard and select your preferred exam date.
- Current completion certificates for the Stanford required trainings listed below:
Deadline for completing all certification requirements and applying for the exam is Mar. 1, 2021.
- Attend 10 classes over a 2-year period (3 must be Clinical Research Operations Certification Program core classes)
- Be current with Stanford required trainings listed below:
- Submit Recertification Form to Workforce Development at email@example.com up to 60 days prior to your expiration date.