About The Program
- To strengthen the capacity of faculty to shape the future of Stanford Medicine.
- To support the achievement of our vision
- To expland the range of talent and champions who can initiate and sustain effective change projects and processes.
This is a time of great change for the bio-sciences, for academic medicine and for healthcare. Investing in leadership is not only a strategic requirement for the school but also a professional imperative in this period of reinvention.
- SMLA participants will be key participants in important changes within Stanford Medicine
- SMLA participants will make strategic contributions to partnerships across and outside of Stanford University
- SMLA participants will set the pace for effective and ethical influence in all settings
This is a time of great change for bio-sciences, for academic medicine and for healthcare. Investing in leadership is not only a strategic requirement for the school, but also a professional imperative in this period of reinvention.
SMLA is a 18 month-commitment. Using an action-learning approach, the requirements include:
1. Change Projects (Strategic Initiatives)
- Leading a complex initiative that prototypes future ways of working at Stanford Medicine
- Strategic Initiatives serve as "leadership laboratories" for new approaches to leadership and change
2. Consultation and Coaching
- Customized learning with an executive coach
- Regular peer consultation on management concerns
3. Monthly Learning Sessions and Retreats
- Guest faculty on topics such as power, negotiation, performance coaching, financing, etc.
- Multi-rater leadership assessment (360-degree feedback) and other personal assessments
4. Shadowing, Interviews and Networking
- Leadership interviews
- Networking with Stanford Medicine, University and community leaders
- Participation in leadership conferences, meetings and events