SFDC Literature on Medical Teaching
Selected Readings on Teaching
SFDC EndNote Database on Medical Teaching
The Medical Teaching (MT) Literature Database, managed by EndNote, includes citations for articles and abstracts/annotations where available, books, and other publications that are tightly linked to the curricular content of our Clinical Teaching and Basic Science Teaching programs. They were collected through 2018. The database is not intended to serve as comprehensive review of the literature, but rather as a source of relevant supplemental reading.
Both PC and Mac users will download an EndNote compressed folder (.enlx) containing an EndNote library database .enl file and acompanying .Data folder. To view and search this database you will need to have a purchased copy of the EndNote program or download the free trial. (EndNote Help)
A list of searchable categories is available below.
SFDC EndNote Database Download:
Medical Teaching Literature Database -- includes Clinical Teaching and Basic Science literature
- PC or Mac Version [Folder containing EndNote files] updated June 2019
- List of searchable categories (PDF)
Downloading the free demo version of EndNote
Downloading the free demo version of EndNote:
- To access the MT bibliographic database you will need to download a free demo version of EndNote if you don't already have it.
- Go to the website: http://www.endnote.com/
- Click on download 30-Day Free Trial. You will need to complete the EndNote trial request for Windows or Macintosh. (Current version is EndNoteX9). The trial version maybe converted to a full version of the EndNote program with a product key.
Searching EndNote Database Files:
- Double click the icon for the Medical Teaching Database
- You can then search the database simply by typing quickly the first few letters of the author's name or pull down the 'Tools' menu on the toolbar and select 'Search Library.'
- A 'Search' dialog box opens, allowing you to search various fields in the database by selecting the field in the pull-down menu at the top left of the dialog box. The default field is usually 'author' or 'any field.'
- The MT database has a list of searchable categories (see "List of searchable categories"). These are known in EndNote as the 'label' field data.