Downloading the free trial/demo version of EndNote
- To access our bibliographic database you will need to download and install a free trial version of EndNote if you don't already have a version of the EndNote program.
- Go to the website: http://www.endnote.com/
- From the website, you may request a 30-day 'Free Trial.'
- After the 30-day evaluation period has expired, only ten references will be displayed so you will need either to buy a copy of the EndNote program to view and search the database or download another demo with a new username.
Searching EndNote Database Files
- Next, double click on the database icon you have downloaded - Medical Teaching (MT).
- You can then search the database simply by typing the first letter of the author or pull down the 'References' menu on the toolbar and select 'Search.' A 'Search' dialog box opens, allowing you to search various fields in the database by selecting the field in the pull-down menu at the top left of the dialog box. The default field is usually 'author' or 'any field.'
- The MT database has a list of categories. These are known in EndNote as the 'label' field data.