October Letter from the Dean
October 27, 2015 - I am once again excited and inspired by the energy I see throughout the Stanford Medicine community. In countless ways, our faculty, students, trainees, and staff continue to improve human health.
Update on Diversity and Societal Citizenship
July 2, 2015 - Like many of you, I am looking forward to the July Fourth weekend, and not just for the fireworks and barbecues. Our national celebration of civil rights and civil liberties will have special meaning this year in light of last week’s historic Supreme Court rulings.
Announcing Two New Departments in the School of Medicine
June 11, 2015 - I am very pleased to announce that on June 10 the Stanford University Board of Trustees approved two new departments within the School of Medicine: Biomedical Data Science and Emergency Medicine.
Precision Health Introduction
June 1, 2015 - We are at a watershed moment in medicine. We have within our grasp the ability to completely change the very nature of health care to one of proactive, predictive and personalized care based upon keeping you healthy instead of just treating you when you are sick. We call this Precision Health.
Diversity and Societal Citizenship
May 6, 2015 - Over the past few weeks, I have been deeply saddened by the tumultuous events in my former hometown. Although Baltimore has, for now, disappeared from the news, the unrest has raised our collective awareness about the state of social justice in America.
How Strong Leadership is Propelling Us Forward
March 26, 2015 - Whether you’re a student, staff or faculty member, postdoc or researcher, everyone here at Stanford Medicine is seeking to be the best in their individual roles and fields. The preeminence of Stanford Medicine also depends upon our collective excellence being greater than the sum of our individual achievements.
- Updates from Past Deans
- Associate Dean Dan Bernstein
- Stanford Medicine Health Trends
- Becky Blankenburg, MD, Named Assistant Dean for Graduate Medical Education
- Anita Honkanen, MD, Named Associate Dean for Wellness and Student Life Advising
- Allen Metzenberg, MBA, Named Associate Dean and Chief Financial Officer for Stanford School of Medicine
- Latishya Steele, PhD, Named Associate Dean for Graduate Education and Diversity
- Associate Dean Dan Bernstein
- Associate Dean PJ Utz
- Brian Bateman, MD, Named Chair of the Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine
- Bryant Lin, MD, Named Director of Medical Humanities and Arts
- Daryl A. Oakes, MD, Named Associate Dean for Continuing Medical Education
- Doug Owens, MD, Named Inaugural Chair of the Department of Health Policy
- Felipe Perez, MD, Named Inaugural Assistant Dean for Diversity in Undergraduate Medical Education
- Interim Appointments for Stanford Cancer Center
- Josh Makower, MD, Named Director of the Stanford Byers Center for Biodesign
- Kevin B. Moody, Named Associate Dean for Human Resources
- Lahia Yemane, MD, Named Inaugural Assistant Dean for Diversity in Graduate Medical Education
- Mark Cullen, MD, Named Sr. Associate Vice Provost for the Office of the Vice Provost and Dean of Research
- Melissa Bondy, PhD, Named Chair of the Department of Epidemiology and Population Health
- Ronald Dalman, MD, Named Associate Dean for Market Development
- Susan Knox, MD, PhD, Named Associate Dean for Academic Advising
- Tanja Gruber, MD, PhD, Named Director of Bass Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Yasmin Owusu, MD, Named Assistant Dean for Academic Advising
- Denise Monack, PhD, Named Chair of the Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- Garry Gold, MD, Named Chair of the Department of Radiology
- Ravi Majeti, MD, PhD, Named Director of the Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine
- Joyce Sackey, MD, Named Inaugural Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- Leadership Update: Chair of Department of Bioengineering
- Rondeep Brar, MD, Named Medical Director for Cancer DSL & SCI’s Assoc. Director for Clinical Care