DESIGNING YOUR MIXED METHODS RESEARCH PROJECT:
AN INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP
April 21-23, 2022
Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA
This 3-day intensive workshop was created for individuals who wish to design or analyze a mixed methods research project using qualitative and quantitative methods. Participants will complete the workshop with a personalized design and implementation plan for their projects.
In this 3-day interactive workshop, the Stanford- Surgery Policy Improvement Research & Education (S-SPIRE) Center has assembled an interdisciplinary team of mixed methods experts.
We will help you design and analyze a mixed methods research project or create a proposal, using qualitative and quantitative methods. Participants will complete the workshop with a personalized design and implementation plan for their projects.
Who Should Attend:
Researchers, faculty, staff, and students motivated to design a mixed methods research project using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
What to Expect:
• Work on your mixed methods proposal, research study, or manuscript
• Refine your project with guidance from leading methodologists
• Improve your project with rigorous methodology using a participatory format
• Build your Mixed Methods Research presentation skills
• Listen to short lectures via Zoom and ask questions to presenters using the “Chat” function
• Work on your individual projects using course material that will be provided to you
• Attend group consultations with faculty to receive feedback on your project and provide feedback to peers
using the Zoom “Breakout Rooms” feature
• Present the work you accomplished in the workshop in a virtual “Shift & Share” poster session
Requirements for Enrollment:
Participants who will benefit the most from this workshop will be actively designing, conducting, revising, or analyzing a mixed methods project.
See Frequently Asked Questions list
Stanford Registration Fee:
Faculty Rate: $1050
Trainee Rate: $750*
*If you’re registering as a Trainee, please e-mail proof of status to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants who are affiliated with Stanford are encouraged to pay via iJournal. To register and process payment, please contact a member of our team email@example.com
Refund policy: all registration cancellations and registrants who withdraw from the workshop prior to January 15, 2021 will be subject to a $250 fee. No refunds will be made after January 15, 2021.
Testimonials from Mixed Methods Research 2018 Workshop Participants
University of Oklahoma, United States
"This workshop is amazing! It’s a lot of work and really intense but you get AMAZING feedback on your project! I left with an entirely new understanding of mixed methodology…it is so worth the investment!"
~ Deirdre Terell, PhD ~
Memorial University, Canada
“It gave me the chance to learn from and network with the pioneers of mixed methods research”
~ Meshari F. Alwashmi, PhD Candidate ~
University of Rochester, United States
"The Stanford Mixed Methods Workshop provided me with the knowledge and skills to analyze, integrate, and disseminate research so that we can make the most of the data we have collected. The hands-on small group sessions and consultations with experts was particularly helpful. Highly recommend.”
~ Supriya Gupta Mohile, MD, MS ~
The Stanford Guest House
2575 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Phone: 650-926-2800 Fax: 650-926-5388
The Stanford Guest House has provided a discounted rate for registrants attending the S-SPIRE Spring workshop.
OTHER HOTEL SUGGESTIONS
- Hotel Keen, 425 High Street (off Lytton), Palo Alto, CA 94301 Phone: (650) 327-2775
- The Clement Hotel Palo Alto, 711 El Camino Real, CA 94301 Phone: (650) 322-7111
- Westin Palo Alto, 673 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, Ca 94301 Phone: (650) 321-4422
- The Epiphany Hotel, 180 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301 Phone: (650) 666-3311
- Cardinal Hotel, 235 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301 Phone: (650) 323-5101