Science Education Enrichment for Diversity (SEED) Outreach Program
The Radiology Outreach Program, or SEED (Science Education Enrichment for Diversity), aims to increase interest in STEM in a group of young under-represented minority students. We collaborate with a local teacher to facilitate in-class hands-on science lessons for local students to help them see themselves as future scientists and thereby increase under-represented-minorities in STEM.
- 4-6 lessons per year
- Partner with a single teacher responsible for 4-8 classes
- Volunteers to help with in-class lessons.
- No prior experience required, we will provide training
Benefit of Participating:
- Better understand educational inequality in the American education system.
- Learn about challenges faced by under-represented-minority students .
- Gain confidence presenting your research to a young audience.
- Opportunity to mentor promising young students.
- Experience working with communities different from your own.
- Illustrate your own unique path to STEM for other students to draw from.
- It is fun and rewarding!