Efficacy of Nitrous Oxide in OCD: Pilot Study
The Stanford Translational OCD Research Program is looking for adults with OCD, 18-65 years old, currently off medications, to take part in a novel clinical research study.
Purpose: To understand whether inhaled nitrous oxide may bring about rapid improvement in OCD symptoms.
Registered on ClinicalTrials.gov
You can participate if:
- You are between 18-65 years old
- You have a primary diagnosis of OCD
- You have sufficient severity of OCD symptoms
- You have the ability to tolerate a treatment-free period
- You have the capacity to provide informed consent
You cannot participate if:
- You have a psychiatric or medical condition that makes participation unsafe
- You are pregnant or nursing female
Duration of Study Involvement
- If eligible, study participation lasts for two to four weeks