National Institutes of Health (NIH) Other Support Disclosure FAQ’s
The information below provides Stanford’s guidance for frequently asked questions regarding the NIH Other Support. This guidance is meant to be supplemental to the NIH Published FAQ’s regarding Other Support; please be sure to also refer to NIH’s FAQ’s.
This content is being continuously updated and expanded as we receive additional questions from the community and guidance from the NIH.
Please bookmark this page and visit frequently to view the most up-to-date content.
This page was last updated February 16, 2022.
Proposals and Projects
Additional resources and guidance regarding the disclosure of In-Kind Resources and Contributions may be found below (SUNet login required):
- NIH In-Kind Contributions: Disclosure Overview and Detailed Guidance (Updated November 9, 2021)
- NIH In-Kind Contributions: How to Disclose in Other Support (Updated November 9, 2021)
- NIH In-Kind Contributions Webinar Recording (Dated November 9, 2021)
In-Kind Contributions: Personnel
In-Kind Contributions: Non-Personnel
1) Should an investigator list externally-provided at no cost, high-value materials that are not freely available (e.g., biologics, chemical, model systems, technology, data sets etc.) to which they have access for their research as in-kind support in their NIH Other Support? (Updated December 14, 2021)
Section under construction! Please stay tuned as more FAQ's are added.
For Electronic Signatures guidance/process for NIH Other Support, please see recording and resources below (SUNet Login Required through Google Drive). For more information, please see Section #5 "Investigator's Electronic Signature" under Preparing Other Support on this webpage.
- Webinar Recording (Meeting held on January 26, 2022).
- Adobe Sign NIH Other Support Signature Process and Guide Document (Last updated 2/15/2022) - Added document retention section, added PDF flattening guidance, and updated language for better clarity (process remains the same).
- Alternate Method via Adobe Pro/Adobe Acrobat Reader (free version) (Last updated 2/15/2022) - Added document retention section, added PDF flattening guidance, and updated language for better clarity (process remains the same).
Need further assistance? Have questions and/or feedback? Please submit questions and/or feedback by clicking HERE, and a member of the ORA-RMG Disclosures Team will respond to you shortly.