National Institutes of Health (NIH) Other Support Disclosure FAQ’s
Proposals and Projects
Additional resources and guidance regarding the disclosure of In-Kind Resources and Contributions may be found below (SUNet login required):
- NIH In-Kind Contributions: Disclosure Overview and Detailed Guidance (Updated November 9, 2021)
- NIH In-Kind Contributions: How to Disclose in Other Support (Updated November 9, 2021)
- NIH In-Kind Contributions Webinar Recording (Dated November 9, 2021)
In-Kind Contributions: Personnel
In-Kind Contributions: Non-Personnel
1) Should an investigator list externally-provided at no cost, high-value materials that are not freely available (e.g., biologics, chemical, model systems, technology, data sets etc.) to which they have access for their research as in-kind support in their NIH Other Support? (Updated December 14, 2021)
Section under construction! Please stay tuned as more FAQ's are added.
For Electronic Signatures guidance/process for NIH Other Support, please see recording and resources below (SUNet Login Required through Google Drive). For more information, please see Section #5 "Investigator's Electronic Signature" under Preparing Other Support on this webpage.
- Webinar Recording (Meeting held on January 26, 2022).
- Adobe Sign NIH Other Support Signature Process and Guide Document (Last updated 2/15/2022) - Added document retention section, added PDF flattening guidance, and updated language for better clarity (process remains the same).
- Alternate Method via Adobe Pro/Adobe Acrobat Reader (free version) (Last updated 2/15/2022) - Added document retention section, added PDF flattening guidance, and updated language for better clarity (process remains the same).