Cybersecurity and Privacy Festival, Pandemic Edition
Preserving Patient Data for Biomedical Research
Research IT presents at the Stanford Cybersecurity and Privacy Festival
Oct 30, 2020: Somalee Datta, PhD, Director of Research IT, presented on state-of-the-art at Stanford and elsewhere in privacy preserving techniques for secondary use of patient data in biomedical research.
This talk goes over the motivation behind our next generation analytical clinical data warehouse, the vision to unlock data for better research while preserving patient privacy.
Critical components of this new warehouse are:
- Google Cloud Platform - we leverage the at scale burst computing to optimize cost-performance
- STARR-OMOP - we leverage the OMOP common data model to support network studies (link)
- Nero - we colocate our data with a secure Big Data analytics platform (link)
- Research IT team - there are many methodological and technological innovations, painstaking QA and regressions, state-of-the-art workflows (link)
- Our early adopters - Without help of labs such as Nigam Shah, we wouldn't have come this far this fast
- Our collaborators - its takes a village to raise a child - ISO, UPO, Stanford Research Computing Center, TDS Analytics and Platform Services team (source data), Google (Infrastructure partner), Biarca (DevOps partner), Odysseus Data Services Inc (Data partner), and OHDSI community.