Cheng Liu Ph.D.
Cheng Liu Ph.D.
At present, Cheng is working on the light-sound-molecule stimulation & imaging technology as well as the application to solve the key science questions in biomedicine, including (but are not limited to): 1) tumor microenvironment, 2) tumor angiogenesis. His core expertise includes: 1) the stimulation and imaging techniques by using the light and sound, 2) the design and applications of the novel biomolecules.
Cheng received his B.Eng (2009) in biomedical engineering (imaging engineering) from the Southern Medical University (Guangzhou), and M.Phil (2014) and Ph.D (2017) in biomedical engineering from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong) under the supervision of Prof. Lei Sun. He was involved in the photoacoustic and ultrasound molecular imaging of tumor microenvironment. In 2018, he moved to the Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford (MIPS) and spent one year as a postdoc working with Prof. Katherine Ferrara, where he learned the in vivo gene delivery technology by using the lipid nanoparticles. After that, he joined Prof. Jianghong Rao’s lab as a postdoc in 2019.
Cheng has been presented several research awards from the World Molecular Imaging Society (WMIS), including Shark Tank Competition Finalist (WMIC2018), Industry Selected Poster Award (WMIC2017), Student Travel Stipend Award (WMIC2018 & 2017).
1. Cheng Liu, Shiying Li, Yanjuan Gu, Huahua Xiong, Wing-tak Wong, Lei Sun, Multispectral Photoacoustic Imaging of Tumor Protease Activity with a Gold Nanocage-Based Activatable Probe, in Molecular Imaging and Biology 2018.
2. Cheng Liu, Fei Yan, Yajie Xu, Hairong Zheng, Lei Sun, In Vivo Molecular Ultrasound Assessment of Glioblastoma Neovasculature with Endoglin-targeted Microbubbles, in Contrast Media & Molecular Imaging 2018.
3. Weibao Qiu, Yanyan Yu, Hamid Reza Chabok, Cheng Liu, Fu Keung Tsang, Qifa Zhou, Kirk Shung, Hairong Zheng, and Lei Sun, A flexible annular-array imaging platform for micro-ultrasound, Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, IEEE Transactions on, 2013, 60(1): 178-186.
4. Cheng Liu, Ding-ying SHAN, Chao LIU, Li-dai WANG, Pu-xiang LAI, Jian YANG, Lei SUN, In Vivo Multispectral Photoacoustic Imaging of Tumor Protease Activity with a Biodegradable Activatable Polymeric Nano-Probe, World Molecular Imaging Congress (WMIC), Seattle, US, 2018
5. Cheng Liu, Yaoheng Yang, Lei Sun*, and Chih-Chung Huang, Characterization of the colorectal cancer in a rabbit model using quantitative high-frequency endoscopic ultrasound, in IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS), p. 891-894. IEEE, Prague, Czech Republic, 2013.
6. Cheng Liu, Yan Yan, Lei Sun*, Yan Chen, Jiyan Dai, and Weibao Qiu, A novel high-frequency endoscopic ultrasound system for colorectal cancer diagnosis, in IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS), p. 2045-2048. IEEE, Prague, Czech Republic, 2013.
7. Feifei Guo, Cheng Liu, Yaoheng Yang, Lei Sun*, Bin Yang, Yan Chen, and Jiyan Dai, Devolopment of focused IVUS transducer using PMN-PT single crystal, in IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS), p. 97-100. IEEE, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 2014.
ACTIVATABLE MULTISPECTRAL PHOTOACOUSTIC PROBES, METHODS OF MAKING PROBES, AND METHODS OF USE, U.S. Patent Serial No. 62/640,101, Dkt. 2387-PRO