Autism Research Working Group RFA
Deadline: March 1, 2018
The Autism Research Working Group is pleased to announce an opportunity for current AWG Members to submit project proposals for funding.
- Proposals of any amount up to $30,000 will be accepted and reviewed (incl. 8.5% indirect costs)
- Submission Deadline is Thursday, March 1st, 2018.
- The focus of the proposal must be a clinical investigation related to Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Proposals must be submitted by either the principal investigator or a lead scientist in the research program, or must include a Letter of Support from a supervising investigator or faculty member if the applicant is in a training program.
- Applicants may submit only one application for funding.
Proposals should be no more than 3 pages, written in 12-point Arial font with standard margins, and must include the following elements:
- A basic description of the proposed project indicating the research hypothesis and aims; a brief review of relevant previous research or research literature; the proposed research methodology; the potential impact of the study.
- If funds will be used for an existing project or needed equipment, describe how the funds will enrich your current program or project.
- Clearly stated budget and justification with the exact dollar amount you are applying for and exactly how the funds will be spent (including indirect of 8.5%).
- Information on other support received for this project, if any.
- Contact information for the person responsible for receiving awarded funds
Proposals will be reviewed with the following considerations:
- The extent to which the purpose of the request pertains to the field of autism research;
- The extent to which new funds will produce new scientific knowledge, or be used for an innovative pilot project that will facilitate future funding.
- The extent to which the grantee can complete their project within the timeframe outlined.
Submission of Proposal
Proposals and letters of support should be submitted as a PDF file or Microsoft Word document to email@example.com with the subject line, Last Name of Applicant/AWG. Successful electronic submission will be confirmed by email notification.
Proposals are due on or before March 1st, 2018. Proposals will not be accepted after the due date. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the proposal complies with the conditions outlined in this announcement.
Proposals will be evaluated as to their scientific merit and feasibility by the AWG Advisory Committee. No proposal is guaranteed to be funded, and reduced awards (below the amount requested) may be suggested. All research projects must have IRB approval prior to disbursement of funds; however, IRB approval is not necessary prior to the application submission deadline.