Medical Coping and Wellness Clinic
The Medical Coping and Wellness Clinic (MCWC) is an outpatient clinic that serves patients at Stanford Children's Health/Lucile Packard Children's Hospital whose primary mental health concern is related to their medical condition or in which patients’ emotional or behavioral concerns negatively impact the management of their medical condition. Examples include the following:
- Adjustment to a new diagnosis
- Procedural preparation/anxiety(e.g., needle phobia, trouble with IVs)
- Problems with medical treatment adherence
- Evaluations required for medical procedures (e.g., solid organ transplant evaluations)
- Behavioral or emotional problems that interfere with medical condition, treatment, rehabilitation, or maximization of functioning
Our clinic is limited to patients who are actively followed for treatment by a medical team/providers at Stanford Children's Health/Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. A consultation and subsequent feedback session may be scheduled to review current concerns, provide recommendations, and resources to help patients. On occasion, time-limited psychotropic medication management and/or psychotherapy as a bridge to establishing local care, may be provided.
To Make a Referral
Please have your Stanford Children's Health/Lucile Packard Children's Hospital physician, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner submit a referral to Child Psychiatry.