Current Role at Stanford
As the Manager of Continuous Improvement for Stanford Medicine's IT Department, I work with 8 divisions (over 100 employees) to identify and facilitate process improvement and cultural shifts.
More specifically, my role:
- Introduces and facilitates the evolution of agile approaches to large, complex project initiatives in support of Stanford Medicine's strategic objectives.
- Ensures sequencing and dependencies are monitored and managed.
- Partners as a leader in the agile space with IRT directors and other stakeholders, while leading a team of Agile Program Managers to optimize the delivery of work and advancement of a continuous learning culture.
- Coaches developers, business analysts, product owners and IRT leadership in agile methods.
- Facilitates key group meetings to ensure effective meeting outcomes and decisions.
- Creates and tracks milestone-based agile program plans.
- Manages high-level issue resolution, risk mitigation, and resource conflicts, escalating to IRT steering committee as needed.
- Works in close collaboration with multiple agile teams, overseeing integration activities.
- Teaches, mentors, and coaches teams in agile principles and continuous learning.
- Drives alignment between stakeholder groups and coordinate any cross-functional dependencies.
- Facilitates measurement of program outcomes through analytics.
- Creates clear visibility into status and progress of overall IRT initiatives.
Education & Certifications
MS, Information Systems, Johns Hopkins University, Information Systems Management
BS, Business Administration, Rider University, Organizational Development
BS (minor), University of London, International Relations
Technical Leadership Program, Stanford University, Technical Leadership
Scrummaster Certification, Scrum Alliance, Scrum framework for Agile Software Development
Java Certification, Oracle, Java Development
Web Design Certification, Truman College of Chicago, Web Design
Service, Volunteer and Community Work
Animal Foster Parent, SFSPCA (1/1/2010 - Present)
A couple times a year I am called on to assist with a litter of very sick kittens. I care for them with subcutaneous liquids and medications until they are healthy enough to be adopted.
san francisco ca
President, Homeowners Association (3/1/2017)
Currently serving as the president of the Ramona Villas HOA.
Palm Springs, CA
Partner in a restaurant in Philadelphia: Noord (noordphilly.com).