School of Medicine
Showing 1-10 of 11 Results
Affiliate, School of Medicine - MDRP'S - Biodesign Program
Bio Assistant Director, Biodesign Faculty Fellowship, Stanford Byers Center for Biodesign.
Senior medical device executive with track record of developing & commercializing innovative medical products that currently benefit over 1 million patients annually. Global business leadership roles at RefleXion Medical, Johnson & Johnson, RCT Ventures and Medtronic. Experience in oncology, radiotherapy, surgery, interventional therapies, metabolics/diabetes and cardiovascular areas. Training in Biodesign, business administration and engineering.
Richard Renn (Renn)
Continuous Improvement Manager, Technology & Digital Solutions
Current Role at Stanford As the Manager of Continuous Improvement for Stanford Medicine's IT Department, I work with 8 divisions (over 100 employees) to identify and facilitate process improvement and cultural shifts.
More specifically, my role:
- Introduces and facilitates the evolution of agile approaches to large, complex project initiatives in support of Stanford Medicine's strategic objectives.
- Ensures sequencing and dependencies are monitored and managed.
- Partners as a leader in the agile space with IRT directors and other stakeholders, while leading a team of Agile Program Managers to optimize the delivery of work and advancement of a continuous learning culture.
- Coaches developers, business analysts, product owners and IRT leadership in agile methods.
- Facilitates key group meetings to ensure effective meeting outcomes and decisions.
- Creates and tracks milestone-based agile program plans.
- Manages high-level issue resolution, risk mitigation, and resource conflicts, escalating to IRT steering committee as needed.
- Works in close collaboration with multiple agile teams, overseeing integration activities.
- Teaches, mentors, and coaches teams in agile principles and continuous learning.
- Drives alignment between stakeholder groups and coordinate any cross-functional dependencies.
- Facilitates measurement of program outcomes through analytics.
- Creates clear visibility into status and progress of overall IRT initiatives.
Rachel Roberts, MD
Affiliate, SoM - Physician Wellness
Bio Dr. Roberts believes that wellness begins long before a person reaches their doctor. A doctor learns how to diagnose and treat people in times of illness, but Dr. Roberts' passion is to encourage her patients to live a life of wellness and balance. Thinking about living a balanced life as a patient also led her to a professional interest of contributing to improving professional fulfillment in doctors and all health care professionals.
Dr. Roberts' own efforts at accomplishing this include enjoying the oxytocin surges from being a mom, exercise, adequate sleep, meditation and self-compassion cultivation, travel adventures, spending time with friends and family, singing (poorly and loudly), and soaking up the sun when possible (wearing sun screen, of course). She feels so blessed to work in a profession that promotes daily learning, from both her peers and her patients.