School of Medicine
Showing 11-20 of 20 Results
Life Science Research Professional 2, Microbiology and Immunology - Baxter Labs
Current Role at Stanford 1. Perform complex (lab and/or field) experiments for a major portion of the research project.
Maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes
2. Interpret and analyze results, often where few guidelines exist. Based on prior results,
contribute to development of new research protocols and procedures or adaptation of existing
3. Make recommendations on plan design and/or research direction to principal investigator
4. Work with health and safety department to ensure lab complies with regulations and all
5. Participate in multidisciplinary teams across different faculties or schools
6. Oversee supply and equipment budget under supervision of principal investigator or business
7. Perform ongoing literature review to remain current with new procedures and related research;
present findings for lab work group
8. Contribute substantively to the preparation of papers for publication, especially in the results
9. May contribute to publication of findings and present ongoing work and findings to colleagues
at academic conferences
10. Supervise (either formally or informally) staff or students as needed, including oversight and
instruction on techniques, as well as consultation on project work. Serve as technical resource
for other research staff
11. Perform general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory
and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed. May assist with purchasing
Vishal Gautham Venkataraaman
Senior Software Developer, Microbiology and Immunology - Baxter Labs
Current Role at Stanford Currently working at the Baxter labs - Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy(Nolan lab) and involved in the development of Software for research on single-cell analysis to study cancer and leukemia, autoimmunity, hematopoiesis and inflammation. Also, working closely with an external collaborator, Akoya Biosciences Inc.
1. Developing computer vision, clustering, image analysis and image processing applications in Java, ImageJ.
2. Designing web applications using RESTful APIs for different components of the software pipeline in Angular 6, Material 6, Typescript, Spring boot, Java, MongoDB.
3. Writing & designing test cases, unit and integration tests for the Nolan lab version of the Codex pipeline.
4. Set up a private cloud infrastructure to store large sets of image data.
5. Collecting and analyzing feedback from users, scientists, research associates from Nolan lab, other labs at Stanford Medicine and external collaborators and then drafted and created reports about the feedback received and discussed it with the external collaborators to work on new features.