Current Research and Scholarly Interests
1. Clinical trials in fatty liver (NASH/NAFLD), liver cancer (HCC), hepatitis B and hepatitis C.
2. Epidemiology and population health of people with liver cancer, fatty liver, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and liver cirrhosis.
3. Real-world studies of liver cancer, fatty liver, hepatitis B, hepatitis C,liver cirrhosis, and liver transplant.
4. Health disparities - sex differences, socioeconomic factors, and race/ethnicity-related issues
5. Translational studies of liver cancer, hepatitis B, and fatty liver.
6. Global health: medical education, public health, and research. Areas with current/prior work/collaboration: Spain, Romania,United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Argentina, Brazil, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Mongolia, Myanmar, Thailand, and Singapore.
7. Large databases used in prior published works: U.S. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), Optum, Truven, Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results (SEER), UK Biobank, American Census Bureau, National Death Index (NDI), National Vital Statistic System (NVSS) from the CDC WONDER platform, National Inpatient Sample Database (NIS), United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), California inpatient database from the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSPHD), Taiwan National Health Insurance Research Database (NHIRD), Japan Medical Data Vision Database, Korea Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service Database (HIRA).
For more information, please contact my lab at 650-498-6084.