Andrea has a demonstrated history of working with various medical practices around the Bay Area and within the biotechnical industry as a Health Care Quality Specialist and Clinical Researcher. She received her Bachelor?s Degree in Molecular Biology with an emphasis on Human Health and the Environment in 2011 from the University of California, Berkeley. She later received her Master?s Degree in Health Care Quality in 2015 from the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. Andrea?s research interests include understanding brain bases of emotion, motivation, and reward to identify structure of natural behavior. She is committed to improving quality of life of those with complex mental health disorders.
Current Role at Stanford
Clinical Research Coordinator for the BITS Study which tests the feasibility of adding ten in-home decluttering sessions to the Building in Treasures (BIT) Workshop as an intervention to help improve symptoms of hoarding disorder. Project is funded by the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences of Stanford University and the National Institute of Health.
- Serve as the primary contact with research participants, sponsors, and regulatory agencies.
- Perform clerical duties in the preparation of regulatory monitoring, inspections, and audits. Maintain all forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs.
- Collect and manage patient and laboratory data for research. Maintain research project databases, develop flow sheets, and complete study documents/case report forms.
- Assist with screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants. Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments; contact participants with reminders or other requirements. Review medical records and/or perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed.
- Process study compensation payments and thank you letters to subjects upon completion of trial activities. Assist with post-study activities, as needed.
- Determine effective strategies for promoting and recruiting research participants and retaining participants in long-term clinical trials.
Education & Certifications
MSHS, Health Care Quality, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences (2015)
BS, Molecular Environmental Bio, University of California, Berkeley, Emphasis on Human Health and the Environment (2011)