School of Medicine
Showing 21-30 of 55 Results
Amato J. Giaccia
Jack, Lulu and Sam Willson Professor, Professor of Radiation Oncology, and by courtesy, of Obstetrics and Gynecology and of Surgery
Current Research and Scholarly Interests During the last five years, we have identified several small molecules that kill VHL deficient renal cancer cells through a synthetic lethal screening approach. Another major interest of my laboratory is in identifying hypoxia-induced genes involved in invasion and metastases. We are also investigating how hypoxia regulates gene expression epigenetically.
Professor of Pediatrics (Neonatology) at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital and, by courtesy, of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Stanford University Medical Center
Current Research and Scholarly Interests 1. development of hospital operations centers coupled with sophisticated simulation capabilities
2. re-creation of near misses and adverse events
3. optimizing human and system performance during resuscitation
4. optimizing pattern recognition and situational awareness at the bedside
5. evaluation and optimization of debriefing
6. patient simulator design
Susan R. Hintz, M.D., M.S. Epi.
Robert L. Hess Family Professor and Professor, by courtesy, of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital
Current Research and Scholarly Interests 1) Early childhood neurodevelopmental outcomes, mortality and morbidities of ELBW, extremely premature, and high-risk infants; predictive clinical factors, evidence-based interventions
2) Use of advanced neuroimaging techniques in the premature and term infant; diagnostic findings, and predictors of neurodevelopmental outcomes
3) Advanced therapeutic modalities: HFOV, iNO, ECMO - implementation, indications, outcomes
4) Natural history and outcomes of complex fetal anomalies
Professor of Pediatrics (Genetics) at the Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital and, by courtesy, of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Stanford University Medical Center
Current Research and Scholarly Interests I am interested in prenatal genetic screening and diagnosis.