School of Medicine
Showing 11-20 of 43 Results
Amato J. Giaccia
Jack, Lulu and Sam Willson Professor, Professor of Radiation Oncology, and by courtesy, of Obstetrics and Gynecology and of Surgery
Current Research and Scholarly Interests During the last five years, we have identified several small molecules that kill VHL deficient renal cancer cells through a synthetic lethal screening approach. Another major interest of my laboratory is in identifying hypoxia-induced genes involved in invasion and metastases. We are also investigating how hypoxia regulates gene expression epigenetically.
Johnson & Johnson Professor of Surgery
Current Research and Scholarly Interests Geoffrey Gurtner's Lab is interested in understanding the mecahnism of new blood vessel growth following injury and how pathways of tissue regeneration and fibrosis interact in wound healing.
Professor of Surgery (Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Current Research and Scholarly Interests Dr. Helms' research interests center around regenerative medicine and craniofacial development.
Professor of Surgery, Emeritus
Current Research and Scholarly Interests 1. Nerve regeneration and repair, evaluation of repair methods, modalities to enhance peripheral nerve regeneration, development of improved methods to analyze nerve regeneration.
2. Implementation of functional neuromuscular stimulation to paralytic deformities.
3. Computer modeling of upper limb function.
Clinical Associate Professor, Surgery - Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Current Research and Scholarly Interests Cosmetic surgery and the study of changes associated with the aging appearance of the face.
1. Analysis and development of new procedures for aesthetic surgery of the face
2. Analysis of the changes the face undergoes with age in the bone and soft tissues
3. Analysis of techniques for rhinoplasty
4. Evaluation of optimal techniques for aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery