School of Medicine
Showing 281-300 of 315 Results
Clinical Instructor, Radiology
Current Research and Scholarly Interests Machine learning in medicine
Senior Software Architect, Technology & Digital Solutions
Current Role at Stanford I'm a member of IRT's Application Services team with focus on architecting and integrating Web and cloud based solutions for Stanford University and in particular for the School of Medicine (SoM). Solution space includes administrative, technical, infrastructural and research applications and processes. As a team, we partner with other groups from IRT, the University at large, Stanford related Hospitals and other business and research participating organizations to build, provide and support our solutions. We own development and release processes, set architecture standards, and run our development and QA environments.
Life Science Research Professional 2, Microbiology and Immunology - Baxter Labs
Current Role at Stanford 1. Perform complex (lab and/or field) experiments for a major portion of the research project.
Maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes
2. Interpret and analyze results, often where few guidelines exist. Based on prior results,
contribute to development of new research protocols and procedures or adaptation of existing
3. Make recommendations on plan design and/or research direction to principal investigator
4. Work with health and safety department to ensure lab complies with regulations and all
5. Participate in multidisciplinary teams across different faculties or schools
6. Oversee supply and equipment budget under supervision of principal investigator or business
7. Perform ongoing literature review to remain current with new procedures and related research;
present findings for lab work group
8. Contribute substantively to the preparation of papers for publication, especially in the results
9. May contribute to publication of findings and present ongoing work and findings to colleagues
at academic conferences
10. Supervise (either formally or informally) staff or students as needed, including oversight and
instruction on techniques, as well as consultation on project work. Serve as technical resource
for other research staff
11. Perform general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory
and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed. May assist with purchasing
Research Professional, Psych/Public Mental Health & Population Sciences
Current Role at Stanford Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator
Director, CSIF, School of Medicine - CMGM
Current Role at Stanford Director of the Cell Sciences Imaging Facility, CSIF
confocal/electron microscopy services
Beckman Center, B050
Martin Stefan Mumenthaler
Adjunct Professor, Psych/Public Mental Health & Population Sciences
Bio Martin Mumenthaler has a PharmD and a PhD in psychopharmacology from the University of Bern, Switzerland. He holds an appointment as Adjunct Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine where he has been conducting research programs in addiction medicine and psychopharmacology, and teaching and mentoring medical students and residents on a voluntary basis.
Dr. Mumenthaler has also been working in various full-time positions in the pharmaceutical industry as Director in Clinical Development as well as in Medical Affairs, and as a consultant for early-stage pharma- and biotech companies providing advice on designing and conducting clinical trials, and analyzing and interpreting study results, mainly in the field of addiction medicine and pain.
His academic research has focused on the effects of psychoactive drugs on human performance, Aerospace Medicine, Alzheimer’s disease, and addiction medicine, and in these areas he has presented his results internationally and published over twenty-five peer-reviewed scientific articles. He has also served as a reviewer for various scientific journals, and is a member of the Research Society on Alcoholism, and an Associate Fellow of the Aerospace Medical Association.