School of Medicine
Showing 1-5 of 5 Results
John A. Overdeck Professor and Professor of Health Research and Policy (Biostatistics)
Current Research and Scholarly Interests Flexible statistical modelling, datamining, bioinformatics, and statistical computing.
Paul Heidenreich, MD
Professor of Medicine (Cardiovascular) and, by courtesy, of Health Research and Policy at the Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Health Care System
Current Research and Scholarly Interests My research interests include
1) The cost-effectiveness of new cardiovascular technologies.
Example: tests to screen asymptomatic patients for left ventricular systolic dysfunction.
2) Interventions to improve the quality of care of patients with heart disease. Examples: include clinical reminders and home monitoring.
3) Outcomes research using existing clinical and administrative datasets.
4) Use of echocardiography to predict prognosis (e.g. diastolic dysfunction).
Victor W. Henderson, MD, MS
Professor of Health Research and Policy (Epidemiology) and of Neurology
Current Research and Scholarly Interests Research interests:
(1) Risk factors for age-associated cognitive decline and dementia,
(2) Therapeutic strategies to improve cognitive function in aging and dementia, and
(3) Brainbehavior relations as they pertain to human cognition.
Mark Hlatky, MD
Professor of Health Research and Policy (Health Services Research) and of Medicine (Cardiovascular Medicine)
Current Research and Scholarly Interests My main research work is in "outcomes research", especially examining the field of cardiovascular medicine. Particular areas of interest are the integration of economic and quality of life data into randomized clinical trials, evidence-based medicine, decision models, and cost-effectiveness analysis. I am also interested in the application of novel genetic, biomarker, and imaging tests to assess risk and guide clinical management of coronary artery disease.