Dr Sanislo has over 20 years of experience in clinical and surgical practice in retinal and vitreoretinal diseases. He is the senior vitreoretinal surgeon at Stanford and maintains a large clinical practice as well as teaching ophthalmology residents and retina fellows. He also participates in clincal reasearch for varying retinal conditions. Dr. Sanislo recieved ophthalmology training as a resident here at Stanford, and recieved vitreoretinal training as a fellow at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
Research interests include treatment of age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and other retinal diseases.
Dr. Sanislo has extensive clinical and surgical experience in the following diseases:
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Posterior uveitis / infectious and inflammatory disease of the posterior segment
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Myopic degeneration / pathologic myopia
- Macular pucker / epiretinal membranes
- Macular hole
- Repair of simple and complex retinal detachments
- Macular edema
- Retinal vascular occlusion