Publications & Resources
- Using ethnographic methods to classify the human experience in medicine: a case study of the presence ontology. Maitra, Zulman, Haverfield, Brown-Johnson, Schwartz, Israni, Verghese, et. al. JAMIA, 2021.
- Virtual Care, Telemedicine Visits, and Real Connection in the Era of COVID-19: Unforeseen Opportunity in the Face of Adversity. Zulman DM & Verghese A. JAMA. 2021 JAMA. 2021
- Practices to foster physician presence and connection with patients in the clinical encounter. Zulman DM, et al. JAMA, 2020
- Can Patient-Provider Interpersonal Interventions Achieve the Quadruple Aim of Health Care?: A Systematic Review. Haverfield MC, et al., Journal of General Internal Medicine, 2020
- Presence: Physician and non-physician insights about the art of human connection in clinical encounter. Brown-Johnson C, et al. BMJ Open, 2019
- Transdisciplinary Strategies for Physician Wellness: Qualitative Insights from Diverse Fields. Schwartz R, et al., Journal of General Internal Medicine, 2019 (more at Stanford News)
Presence Circle Facilitators Guide
Our team has developed materials for clinicans who are interested in implementing Presence Circle discussion groups with colleagues or trainees in their practice setting. If you are interested in receiving materials to implement Presence Circles, please complete this brief questionnaire.
Presence for Racial Justice Clinician Resources
Everyone has different ways to care for themselves. The Presence for Racial Justice team has compiled a list which provides various approaches to seeking professional care, individual self-care exercises, and more. Feel free to use what you feel will be beneficial for you.