Open Positions in the Poston Lab
Announcing the Sue Berghoff Lewy Body Dementia Research Fellowship: Post-Doctoral Position at Stanford University
Do you want to help develop world-leading research to better diagnose and treat people suffering from Lewy Body Dementia and Parkinson’s disease Dementia?
- Are interested in neurodegenerative diseases of aging, such as Lewy Body diseases and Parkinson’s disease
- Have substantial experience with data analytic techniques and statistics
- Are exceptionally organized and can balance multiple projects at one time
Then we offer…
- The opportunity to contribute to understanding Lewy Body Dementia and Parkinson’s disease
- Challenging but positive environment where you will always learn new things
- Teamwork and camaraderie
- Competitive full time salary
- Excellent Stanford benefits
Successful applicants will have completed a PhD in neuroscience or a related field, and have a strong record of productivity that includes neurodegenerative, biomarker, or neuroimaging publications. Individuals with an interest in the cognitive and behavioral aspects of Parkinson’s disease and Lewy Body Dementia are particularly encouraged to apply. Candidates will need a high level of experience in Statistics to both support other members of the group as well as to advance the overall aims of the lab through their own work. Position start date is negotiable.
The Poston Lab at Stanford University studies brain networks and biomarkers in Lewy body diseases, such as Lewy Body Dementia, Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative disorders by developing and applying leading edge biologic biomarker, PET, and MRI studies. The Poston Lab is highly integrated with several other neuroscience labs at Stanford (Wyss-Coray, Greicius, Mormino, Montine, for example), which provides a rich scientific and collaborative community. We are supported by funding from the National Institutes of Health and the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. We like working with other smart, motivated, fun people looking to better the lives of our patients through scientific discovery and innovation.
Interested applicants can send their CV, three letters of reference, and a cover letter describing their research interests and career goals to Dr. Kathleen Poston (email@example.com).