Open Positions in the Poston Lab
Post-Doctoral Neuroimaging Position at Stanford University
Do you want to help develop world-leading research to better diagnose and treat people suffering from Parkinson’s disease and Dementia?
- Have substantial experience with advanced MRI data analytic techniques, with emphasis on DTI and fMRI.
- Have experience with Python, bash docker, and R, and a familiarity with FSL, ANTs, DIPY, and Pandas are plusses.
- Are interested in applying neuroimaging to neurodegenerative diseases of aging, such as Parkinson’s disease, and aging with HIV infection.
- Are exceptionally organized and can balance multiple projects at one time.
Then we offer…
- The opportunity to contribute to understanding aging, dementia, and Parkinson’s disease.
- Challenging but positive environment where you will always learn new things.
- Teamwork and camaraderie.
- Competitive full-time salary.
- Excellent Stanford benefits.
Successful applicants will have completed a PhD in neuroscience or a related field and have a strong record of productivity that includes neuroimaging publications. Individuals with an interest in the application of neuroimaging to cognitive and behavioral aspects of aging, Parkinson’s disease, HIV infection are encouraged to apply. Candidates will need a high level of experience in methodological aspects of structural, diffusion, and functional MRI to both support other members of the group as well as to advance the overall aims of the lab through their own work. Position start date is negotiable.
The Poston Lab at Stanford University studies brain networks in Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative disorders by developing and applying leading edge multimodal functional and structural neuroimaging methods, including task fMRI, resting fMRI, DTI, and PET/MR. Research recruitment is supported by clinical movement disorders, clinical behavioral neurologists, and collaborating faculty in the Psychiatry department. In addition, substantial archived functional and structural MRI data is available for analysis. The Poston Lab collaborates with SRI International Biosciences neuroimaging group (Schulte) and is highly integrated with several other neuroimaging labs at Stanford and, which provides a rich scientific and collaborative community. We are supported by funding from the National Institutes of Health and the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. We like working with other smart, motivated, fun people looking to better the lives of our patients through scientific discovery and innovation.
Interested applicants can send their CV, three letters of reference, and a cover letter describing their research interests and career goals to Dr. Kathleen Poston (email@example.com).