Postdoctoral Fellowship: Perinatal/Neonatal Health
We are seeking an individual for a postdoctoral fellowship in perinatal / neonatal health who has training and experience in epidemiology, public health, or a related field (e.g. PhD or MD with relevant research training). The primary mentor is Dr. Henry C. Lee, Professor of Pediatrics (Neonatology), and Chief Medical Officer of the California Perinatal Quality Care Collaborative (CPQCC). The CPQCC and its sister organization, the California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative (CMQCC) have their data centers and leadership based at the division of neonatology at Stanford, and have active research programs in perinatal health. The emphasis of this fellowship will be on addressing health disparities in neonatal care and outcomes. The postdoctoral fellow will collaborate with epidemiologists, biostatisticians, and clinician-scientists, with opportunities for mentorship and collaborative research on related topics.
This fellowship is a one year appointment, with option to extend by mutual arrangement. Funding includes a living stipend and funds for some research expenses, plus certain medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage through Stanford's Postdoctoral Scholars program.
- For those who will be focused on quantitative research, the candidate will be familiar with statistical soft ware, (e.g., SAS, R).
- For those who may have qualitative research background and goals, they will have relevant training and skills.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- NOTE: Applicants need not have completed their doctoral training prior to applying, although training must be completed prior to the start of the fellowship.
Interested applicants should submit the following materials:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Cover letter describing research interests to be pursued during training
- One lead-author published or unpublished manuscript
- Names of two references
Please email materials to Ms. Lillian Sie, firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Sponsor: Henry C. Lee, MD, MS, Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Neonatology)
Postdoc Appointment Term: One year, with option to extend by mutual arrangement
Appointment Start Date: July 1, 2021