Currently PEPPNET facilitates three workgroups that convene monthly and partners with The National Institute for Mental Health's (NIMH) Early Psychosis Intervention Network (EPINET) around common data elements and outcomes.
Training and Technical Assistance Workgroup
Co-chaired by Kate Hardy, Clin.Psych.D and Cathy Adams, MSW, the Training and Technical Assistance Workgroup aims to:
- Share information about technical assistance, training activities, and related resources
- Improve quality and sustainability of technical assistance, and training efforts (including ongoing consultation), by comparing content and methodology
- Build national infrastructure to support effective implementation
- Provide recommendations on minimum training and consultation requirements to support effective implementation
- Develop train the trainer opportunities to ensure sustainability of training efforts
- Problem solve around specific issues facing the communities we serve
- Discuss adaptations to training and TA efforts dependent on specific needs of diverse communities served
- Coordinate with other PEPPNET groups to ensure issues related to early psychosis service development are addressed at multiple levels
PEPPNET Financing Workgroup
The financing workgroup. moderated by David Shern, focuses on identifying recommendations and strategies for working with insurers, government agencies and other funding entities to advocate for critical investments in first episode programs.
Adolescence and Psychosis Workgroup
The adolescence and psychosis workgroup, moderated by Dr. Steven Adelsheim, meets monthly to discuss topics and share resources that pertain to adolescents who are either at clinical high risk for psychosis, or experiencing early psychosis.