Grant Writing Club & Scholarship Academy
Grant Writing Club include interactive sessions build on each other that mirror the internal grant application and funding timeline of Stanford Maternal & Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI). It is open to all fellows in the Department of Pediatrics and designed for first-year fellows who will be submitting a grant in February of their first year.
- Pediatrics trainees, faculty, and education staff are welcome to attend any sessions
- Sessions are recorded and Zoom video conference is available
- Attendance is recorded in Medhub
Learn fundamentals of grant writing, including all components of submission and resubmission. Fellows are guided step-by-step as their drafts develop and refine through peer feedback.
Scholarship Academy is an important precursor for participants. This curriculum is a fellow-centric, week-long immersive experience held in late October each year. Scholarship Academy sets a foundation for fellow scholarship throughout their three years of training.
Topics addressed during Scholarship Academy include:
- Developing Research Questions & Hypotheses
- Conducting Literature Reviews
- Citation Management Software
- Finding and Working with Mentors
- Research Design & Writing Analytic Plans
- Statistics 101
- IRB & Animal Protocols
- Subject Recruitment & Consent
- Power Analyses
- Qualitative Research
- Creating Surveys
- General Grant Writing Principles
- MCHRI Grant Overview
- Writing Papers for Publication
When Grant Writing Club winds down in March, first-year fellows may wish to join the Research & Scholarship Club meetings to focus on specific skills as they begin their projects.