Clinical Study Details
Accelerating Solutions to Optimize Glycemic Control and Weight Management In Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes - ACT1ON
The study will test three different diets (low carbohydrate/reduced calorie, low fat/reduced calorie, and a Mediterranean diet). Participants will meet with a registered dietitian who will help them make dietary changes and monitor progress on the assigned study diet. Participants will be in this study for about 10.5 months.
- You may be eligible for this study if you are:
- between 19 – 30 years old who
- have had Type 1 diabetes for at least one year
- have a BMI between 27-39
- have a most recent hemoglobin A1c under 13%
- Other criteria will be determined during phone screenings.
- You may not be eligible for this study if you:
- have other metabolic disorders, unstable thyroid disease, diagnosed eating disorder, prohibitive strict dietary restrictions, or those with other serious condition that renders participation inappropriate.
- have experienced DKA or severe hypoglycemia requiring outside assistance in the last 6 months.
- pregnant, breast feeding, planning to become pregnant during the study period or delivered a baby in the last 12 months
- unwilling to follow any of the three study diets.
- monitors blood glucose less than three times a day
- have lost 10 or more pounds in the last 6 months
If you're interested in learning more about this study, please reach out to the research coordinator listed on the right; Nora or Brianna
Nora Arrizon- Ruiz