Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the following changes to the 2021-2022 interview season.
- In accordance with national recommendations from the Association of Pediatric Program Directors, all interviews will be held virtually. There will be no in person interview days.
Thank you for your interest in our program! We use the Associaton of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Paper applications will not be accepted.
ERAS opens for application submission in July 2021. Earlier submissions are strongly encouraged.
Applicant Review and Matching
All applications will be reviewed by the Fellowship Program Director. We offer on-site interviews at Stanford to selected applicants which are scheduled from September through early November. We only offer interviews to applicants who have submitted a complete ERAS application. On the day of the interview, applicants will meet with the Fellowship Program Director, current fellows and several other faculty.
The Pediatric Pulmonary Fellowship Program at Stanford accepts 2 fellows per year and participates in the National Resident Match Program (NRMP). Match results are available in December.
Required Documentation to be Submitted via ERAS:
· Complete ERAS Application
· Medical School Transcript (certified English translation if from foreign institution)
· Three letters of recommendation (more than three is optional)
· Personal Statement
· Current CV
· USMLE transcript with scores to date
· MSPE/Dean's Letter (Required for U.S. medical schools; provide if available for IMGs)
· Photograph for ERAS system (optional)
· PTAL or "California Letter" if applicable
International Medical Graduates
The Pediatric Pulmonary Fellowship Program at Stanford welcomes applications from international medical graduates (IMGs) who have completed an ACGME-accredited general pediatrics residency. Further requirements and application procedures for IMGs applying to Stanford can be found at the Stanford Graduate Medical Education website.