Pediatric Peer Scholarship Communities
The goal of this program is to promote academic efforts among junior pediatric faculty. The program will consist of peer scholarship communities of 8-10 junior faculty in specific interest areas (Advocacy/ Community Engagement, Clinical Research, Medical Education, Global Health, Health Services Research, and Quality Improvement), facilitated by experienced Senior Scholarly Mentors.
- Twice monthly community meetings facilitated by Senior Scholarly Mentors where peers will share works-in-progress over lunch
- Twice a year half day retreats with peer participants and Senior Scholarly Mentors to encourage networking, connection, and collaboration
- Periodic seminars throughout the 2 year program on career advancement and academic skills development
- Connection to a larger peer community based on area of scholarly interest
- Team scholarship is strengthened by diversity of thought and experience. This program is open to all faculty and we especially encourage the participation of women and minorities who continue to be underrepresented at the highest levels of academia