Join us for weekly presentations from world renowned experts
Pediatric Grand Rounds Global Learning Objective
To evaluate emerging research, updated guidelines, and treatment protocols in order to develop strategies for best practice in the care of pediatric patients.
Pediatric Grand Rounds
- Every Friday, 8:00 am - 9:00 am
- September 9, 2016 to June 23, 2017
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, Freidenrich Auditorium (1st Floor)
- CME credit available and light breakfast provided
Grand Rounds Video Library
Select talks will be captured and placed in the Lane Medical Library's video library. Watch previously recorded Pediatric Grand Rounds videos.
Email List Subscription
Join the Pediatric Grand Rounds email subscription to receive weekly email announcements of our upcoming sessions.
Reminder Text Notifications
To help remind our community of each week's session, we are offering text reminder service. Pediatric Grand Rounds text reminder notifications will be sent every Friday at 7:45am. Enter cell phone number and device type to opt-in.
Upcoming Pediatric Grand Rounds Sessions
Mar March 03 Fri 2017
Immigration 101: Impact of Immigration Policy on Child Health
- Review the history of immigration policy in the U.S., and its implications for children and families.
- Describe the current demographics of children in immigrant families in the U.S.
- Review how the current immigration policies that will impact the health and well-being of children in immigrant families.
- Review the implication of immigration policies on the pediatric health care system itself.
Kate Stanford, JD
Supervising Attorney, Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County
Legal Director, Peninsula Family Advocacy Program
Mar March 10 Fri 2017
Recent Advances in the Treatment of Children with Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Understand the causes and clinical presentations of iron deficiency anemia (IDA) in the pediatric age group.
- Be familiar with the conventional IDA diagnostic tests and treatment approaches.
- Know the potential limitations of past and current IDA management practices.
- Learn and consider employing novel treatment strategies using oral and/or intravenous to improve the outcome of patients with IDA.
George R. Buchanan, MD
UT Southwestern Medical Center
Mar March 17 Fri 2017
Red Book Vaccine Update 2017
- To understand the new 2017 childhood vaccine schedule changes.
- To understand the new 2017 adolescent vaccine schedule changes.
- To define the effectiveness of the new two dose HPV vaccine schedule.
- To assess the current status of the influenza season and impact of the influenza vaccine.
Mar March 24 Fri 2017
Lumps and Bumps in the Pediatric Thyroid: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Discuss the differential diagnosis of pediatric neck masses and goiter/nodular thyroid disease.
- Review the pediatric thyroid examination.
- Describe the types of childhood thyroid cancer and their pathophysiology and prognosis.
- Give an overview of contemporary management strategies.
Steven G. Waguespack, MD
The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center
Mar March 31 Fri 2017
Defining Nephrotic Syndrome in Mechanistic Terms: the NEPTUNE Experience
- Understand a systems biology approach to renal disease.
- Discuss molecular disease stratification strategies.
- Discuss strategy to Identify prognostic biomarkers in cohort studies.
- Develop hypotheses to stratify patients into mechanistic subgroups for targeted intervention.
Mattihas Kretzler, MD
University of Michigan
The Stanford University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Cultural and Linguistic Competency