8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
This event is free and open to the public.
1st Annual Diversity and Inclusion Forum
LPCH West Building - Freidenrich Auditorium
Registration is closed
Please register online, deadline is Friday, May 11th.
Dear Stanford Community,
Join us for the 1st Annual Diversity and Inclusion Forum! The event will highlight innovative workshops developed by our pediatric trainees and educational mentors who have participated in the inaugural LEAD (Leadership Education in Advancing Diversity) Program. The event will be an enriching opportunity for faculty, trainees, students, postdocs, and staff to learn tools and strategies to enable participants to become effective change agents for diversity and inclusion in medical education. We will conclude with a Diversity Fair to celebrate the people and organizations promoting diversity and inclusion in the Stanford community. All are welcome to participate and we look forward to seeing you on Friday, May 18th!
- Education Goals: Describe the value of building leadership and scholarship capacity for trainees to improve diversity and inclusion efforts in medical education.
- Demonstrate tools and strategies to:
- Debrief implicit bias
- Identify and manage micro-aggressions in the workplace
- Optimize the care of patients and families with limited English proficiency
- Address discrimination by patient and families
- Create a learning climate that embraces inclusion and supports the scholarship of diversity.
LEAD Steering Group
Carmin Powell, MD
Lahia Yemane, MD
Michelle Brooks, C-TAGME
Carrie Johnson, MBA
Becky Blankenburg, MD, MPH