About the Office of DEIJ
Our Shared Mission
We develop, implement, and expand systems and structures to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in support of the mission of the Stanford Department of Pediatrics through active listening and intentional collaboration.
Our Shared Vision
All members of the Department of Pediatrics are engaged in continuous learning and improvement to foster a culture where diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are central to all aspects of our work.
Our Shared Values
- Diversity: We define diversity broadly to include all aspects of human differences including but not limited to socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, geography (including rural and highly rural areas), disability, and age.
- Equity: Equity involves acknowledging intentional and unintentional barriers upheld by systems of oppression and promoting systems change that assures fair distribution of resources and opportunities for DoP faculty, staff, and trainees.
- Inclusion: Inclusion involves authentic and empowered participation, with a true sense of belonging and full access to opportunities.
- Justice: Justice is the systematic fair treatment of all people with deliberate systems and supports to achieve and sustain equitable opportunities and outcomes for all.
The Department of Pediatrics collectively and publicly commits to continuously promoting anti-racism and equity through its policies, programs, and practices at all levels. Read the DoP's full Anti-Racism Expectation Statement by clicking the link above.
Office of DEIJ: Universal Goals
- A More Diverse Community: Increase diversity* of faculty and staff in DoP to 30% by 2030
- Culture of Belonging: Faculty, staff, and trainees of all backgrounds feel included and represented in the DoP
- Culture of Belonging: 100% of faculty and staff develop individual DEIJ goals annually
- Culture of Belonging - Personal Learning: 70% of department receives yearly education in DEIJ topics
- Leadership Commitment: Sustained budgetary investment on DEIJ and Health Equity to match the needs of the DoP