Pathology Research Retreat
Event Date: Friday, October 14, 2022
9 am-4:30 pm
Join us for a Long-Awaited and Highly Anticipated Reunion!
We are excited to announce this year's retreat will now be held in person.
Our venue has changed! This year's retreat will be held at the Frances C. Arrillaga Alumni Center, McCaw Hall and Ford Gardens.
The purpose of our retreat is to allow Stanford Pathology members to become more familiar with the research that is being conducted in the Department, including basic, translational, and clinical projects. We hope this will facilitate new opportunities for collaborative studies and research training, and enhance prospects for additional funding of such activities.
Join us on Friday, October 14, 2022:
- Keynote Speaker: Emma Lundberg, PhD, Associate Professor of Bioengineering and of Pathology
- Overview: Paul Mischel, MD, Professor and Vice Chair for Research in the Department of Pathology, gives a talk about the Department's Research Portfolio.
- NEW! Flash Talks: 3-5 minute research presentations
- NEW! Pathology Art: Vote for your favorite research artwork which will be displayed throughout the event.
- All poster presenters will create a 3-minute video presentation and digital poster that can be previewed the week of the retreat. Presenters will also present their abstract poster in person at one of the two poster sessions at the retreat.
Cash prizes to be awarded in seven categories:
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Research Associates
- CP Residents
- AP Residents
- Clinical Fellows
- Health Disparity Research
*Cash prize amounts are determined at the time of the event; please read eligibility criteria below
New prize! Submit your pathology artwork to be viewed at the event:
A new feature of our retreat for this year will be Pathology Art. If you wish to contribute, please upload a de-identified digital image from your research or clinical work that you think is aesthetic by September 15, 2022. Any manipulation should be applied across the entire image.
A panel of judges will select the most artistically compelling images, and these will be displayed at the department retreat. Retreat attendees will be asked to vote for their top three images and each will receive a prize.
Please upload your images; it will be fun to see the beauty in each other’s work.
Registration opens for all
FRIDAY, JULY 1, 2022
Abstract, poster, video, and artwork submission portals open
FRIDAY, JULY 1, 2022
|Deadline to submit all presentation materials and Pathology Art||
We are granting a one-week submission extension for our department research retreat poster presentation and Pathology Art material.
If you wish to submit and present a poster and/or submit Pathology art at our October 14th research retreat, please do so through the appropriate linked portals or listed towards the bottom of our retreat website by Friday, September 30, 2022 at 5 pm PT.
Please note: We have updated our poster presentation registration to make the video submission portion optional. At this time, poster presenters may submit only an abstract and poster title to register by the new September 30th deadline. Posters will need to be submitted for printing by Friday, October 7, 2022 by 5 pm PT.
We look forward to hearing about your terrific research in person soon!
Online preview of poster presenter videos & abstracts
|OCTOBER 10 - 14, 2022|
|The retreat||FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2022 • 9:00 am-4:30 pm|
About the Keynote Speaker
Emma Lundberg, PhD
Associate Professor of Bioengineering and of Pathology
Dr. Lundberg is Associate Professor of Bioengineering and Pathology at Stanford University, and Director of the Cell Atlas, of the Human Protein Atlas program. In the interface between bioimaging, proteomics and artificial intelligence her research aims to define the spatiotemporal subcellular architecture of the human proteome, to understand how variations in protein subcellular expression patterns contribute to cellular function and disease. She also has an interest in the use of gaming for science and health applications.
Register for the Retreat
Whether you are presenting or just attending, please take the time to register for this event. Before registering below please check out the SWAG offered as appreciation for participating in this year's retreat. Thank you
Submit your Abstract, Video & Poster for presentation
- All abstracts, presentation videos, and digital posters will be viewable to the Stanford Community in the week leading up to and on the day of the event, from October 10-14, 2022
- The abstract(s) must have been created for a research project conducted at Stanford University or in collaboration with a Stanford Pathology affiliate
- The deadline to submit your abstract, video, and poster is
Friday, September 23, 2022 • 5 pm PST
PLEASE TAKE NOTE! The deadline to submit your presentation materials has been extended to:
Friday, September 30, 2022 • 5 pm PST
Please note: Video submission is now optional
Send us your Pathology Artwork
- Artwork must be de-identified
- The image/artwork must have been created as part of your research here at Stanford
- The deadline to submit your artwork for consideration is
Thursday, September 15, 2022 • 5 pm PST
PLEASE TAKE NOTE! The deadline to submit your Pathoogy Art has been extended to: Friday, September 30, 2022 • 5 pm PST
For general questions about the retreat please contact:
Tel: (650) 725-9352
For technical questions or assistance please contact:
Tel: (650) 724-1866
Funding provided by the Department of Pathology and The Charles B. Carrington Memorial Prize, through the generous contributions of the Wolfe & Gita Churg Foundation
Photo Gallery: 2019 Retreat
All photos are the property of Stanford Pathology, School of Medicine. All rights are reserved.