Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Stanford Pathology in the news
The Department of Pathology DEI committee is pleased to announce
the winners of the 2023 Health Equity Research Award:
Most outstanding manuscripts:
- Dahlen A and Charu V. “Analysis of sampling bias in large health care claims databases.” JAMA Netw Open. 2023;6(1):e2249804.
- Luo R, et al. “Neutral-coating capillary electrophoresis coupled with high-resolution mass spectrometry for top-down identification of hemoglobin variants.” Clin Chem. 2023;69(1):56-67.
- Torres C, et al. “ATTCT and ATTCC repeat expansions in the ATXN10 gene affect disease penetrance of spinocerebellar ataxia type 10.” HGG Advances. 2022;3(4):100137.
Most outstanding abstracts/pre-prints:
- Liang B, et al. “Racial disparities in endometrial carcinoma: An analysis of tumors from Black/African American Patients to Determine the Value of the TCGA molecular classification system in this population.” USCAP 2022 Annual Meeting.
Brar N, et al. “Somatostatin Receptor (SSTR2) expression in EBV-positive and EBV-negative lymphomas: A histopathological analysis of greater than 400 hematopoietic neoplasms.” USCAP 2023 Annual Meeting.
*All first authors will receive a cash prize: manuscripts - $1000, abstracts/pre-prints - $500
About the Award
The Pathology Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee is pleased to announce the Pathology Health Equity Research Award. This award will be given to authors of manuscripts (peer-reviewed), abstracts and/or pre-prints focused on health equity or health disparities published or presented at meetings between January 1, 2022 to June 1, 2023.
Manuscripts, abstracts, pre-prints focused on health equity or health disparities
Manuscripts published or abstracts presented at meetings between January 1, 2022 to June 1, 2023
Clinical trainees, post-doctoral scholars, graduate students, lab scientists, research scientists, and faculty
Manuscripts - $1000 each (up to 3 awards)
Abstracts/pre/prints - $500 each (up to 4 awards)
* First authors (including co-first authors) will receive cash prize. All co-authors will receive a certificate.
If you have questions about this award please contact Dr. Kim Hazard, email@example.com.