Stanford Pathology Research Retreat
Information and Guidelines for Presenters and Attendees
Join us live at the virtual research retreat on February 26th, 2021
- Three distinguished departmental keynote speakers will discuss their latest COVID-19 findings and updates
- All presenters will create a digital poster and have the opportunity to host a live, interactive online meeting discussing their research with retreat attendees. This year's virtual retreat will be hosted on ZOOM.
- Odd-numbered abstract presentations can be attended from 2:15-3:15 pm and even numbered abstract presentations can be attended from 3:30-4:30 pm
- The winning scientific abstract presentations will be recognized with cash prizes (total number of awards to be determined)
*Cash prizes to be awarded in seven categories:
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Research Associates
- CP Residents
- AP Residents
- Clinical Fellows
- Health Disparity Research (NEW AWARD!)
"Health Disparity Research is a newly awarded category for this year’s retreat which welcomes studies with a particular focus on health differences that are closely linked with social, economic, geographic and/or environmental disadvantage. By defining a new award category, we want to recognize the impact that such determinants have on health outcomes of specific populations." Pathology DE&I Committee
*Cash prize amounts are determined at the time of the event; please read eligibility criteria below
Criteria for eligibility of cash prizes:
- The research was done within the Department of Pathology, either as a graduate student, rotating medical student, post-sophomore fellow, resident, clinical fellow, postdoctoral fellow, and research associates
- The main PI for your research/abstract is a faculty member or instructor from the Department of Pathology
Christina Kong, MD
"COVID Testing Strategies"
Scott Boyd, MD, Phd
"B cell & antibody responses to SARS-CoV-2 infection"
Ben Pinsky, MD, Phd
"Nucleic Acid Amplification Testing for SARS-CoV-2"
Register for the Retreat (registration is now closed)
Whether you are presenting or just attending the reteat, please take the time to register for this event.
Submit your Abstract & Poster for presentation (submission is now closed)
- All abstracts and digital posters will be viewable to the Stanford Community (SUNet ID protected) in the week leading up to and on the day of the event, from February 22nd-26th, 2021
- All abstracts will be reviewed at your virtual live presentation session(s) on the day of the retreat
- The abstract(s) must have been created for a research project conducted at Stanford University or in collaboration with a Stanford Pathology affiliate
- The deadline to submit your abstract and poster was Wednesday, February 17th, 5 pm PST