Support Resources for PD
Those with Parkinson's disease (PD), caregivers, family, and friends are in need of support. Support comes in a variety of forms including:
- participating in an online support group or a scheduled video-based support group for those with PD or caregivers
- participating in an educational webinar on PD or participating in an educational webinar about caregiving
- reading summaries of PD webinars or caregiving webinars. We offer two mailing lists -- "Stanford PD Info" and "PD Caregivers." Join our mailing lists here.
- knowing how others are coping with PD. Read some of our favorite PD blogs and listen to some of our favorite PD podcasts.
- exercising with online videos or taking a live, online PD exercise class
Receive support -- and offer support -- today!
Northern and Central California Support
If you live in Northern or Central California, the Stanford Parkinson's Community Outreach program has additional support resources, including lists of:
- PD exercise classes
- fall prevention classes
- in-person PD support groups. When the pandemic is behind us, we will resume our in-person PD support group meeting in Palo Alto. Our quarterly DBS support group is still meeting virtually.
- PD caregiver-only support groups. Most of these caregiver-only support groups are meeting virtually during the pandemic, including the five PD caregiver-only support groups run by Stanford Parkinson's Community Outreach.
Contact us if you can't find what you need from our website!
Northern California Referral Services
For those living in Northern and Central California, the Stanford APDA Information & Referral Center can refer you to:
- neurologists who are movement disorder specialists or general neurologists (if no movement disorder specialists in your area)
- speech therapists, physical therapists, and occupational therapists
- other healthcare professionals
Contact us for information and referrals if you live in Northern or Central California!
Live outside Northern California? The American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA) funds about 20 information and referral centers in the US at major university medical centers and hospitals. Find an APDA I&R Center near you.