Northern California Support Resources
If you live in Northern or Central California, the Stanford Parkinson's Community Outreach program has additional support resources, including lists of:
- PD exercise classes
- fall prevention classes
- in-person PD support groups. When the pandemic is behind us, we will resume our in-person PD support group meeting in Palo Alto. Our quarterly DBS support group is still meeting virtually.
- PD caregiver-only support groups. Most of these caregiver-only support groups are meeting virtually during the pandemic, including the five PD caregiver-only support groups run by Stanford Parkinson's Community Outreach.
Contact us if you can't find what you need from our website!
Northern California Referral Services
For those living in Northern and Central California, the Stanford APDA Information & Referral Center can refer you to:
- neurologists who are movement disorder specialists or general neurologists (if no movement disorder specialists in your area)
- speech therapists, physical therapists, and occupational therapists
- other healthcare professionals
See our lists of healthcare professionals in the Palo Alto area:
Contact us for information and referrals if you live in Northern or Central California!
Live outside Northern California? The American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA) funds about 20 information and referral centers in the US at major university medical centers and hospitals. Find an APDA I&R Center near you.