Living with PD
Living with Parkinson's disease (PD) is a challenge! We address some of the most common issues for those dealing with PD.
- Blogs and Podcasts about Living with PD. These are our favorite blogs and podcasts written by those with PD, PD researchers, or PD organizations. We also have a list of stories from those with PD who have experienced deep brain stimulation surgery.
- PD Exercise. Can't attend an in-person class? Stay at home and exercise with a video. We list our favorite PD exercise videos. Or, if the class schedule works for you, try one of these live, virtual PD exercise classes.
- Staying Independent. These publications offer some practical advice for staying independent with PD.
- Families and PD. When a family member is diagnosed with PD, it affects the entire family.
- Driving. These resources discuss the impact of PD on driving and how to manage the process of separating an older drive from a life-long habit.
- Employment with PD. These resources discuss how to deal with a diagnosis of PD at work, particularly relevant to those with Young Onset PD.
- Hospitalization. Many people with PD end up being hospitalized for one reason or another. These resources help you be prepared!
- COVID-19 and PD. Research shows that those with PD and their families are affected by the pandemic, whether anyone in the family has developed COVID-19 or not.