The Stanford Parkinson's Community Outreach team provides those with Parkinson's Disease (PD), their families, caregivers, physicians, and other healthcare professionals with education, assistance, and resources. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for the person with PD, the caregiver, and the community.
Our website, blog, YouTube channel, and emails focus on English-language materials. We also have webpages of Spanish-language and Chinese-language materials as well.
Our referral services are available to anyone in Northern or Central California, whether affiliated with Stanford or not.
Northern California Referral Services
For those living in Northern and Central California, the Stanford APDA Information & Referral Center provides referrals to:
- neurologists who are movement disorder specialists or general neurologists (if no movement disorder specialists in your area)
- speech therapists, physical therapists, and occupational therapists
- social workers/therapists/counselors and other healthcare professionals
- local PD support groups and local PD caregiver-only support groups
- local PD exercise classes
- local fall prevention classes
Contact us for information and referrals if you live in Northern or Central California!
Live outside Northern California? The American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA) funds about 20 information and referral centers in the US at major university medical centers and hospitals. Find an APDA I&R Center near you.
Check out a recent post from our Stanford PD Community Blog on...
“Balance to Reduce Falls with PD" – Notes from a webinar hosted by the APDA